The Weekly Round-up: July 9
Your source for news, upcoming releases, and what to check out in the large world of music
- Britpop band Blur have released music videos for their two new tracks titled "The Puritan" and "Under the Westway" which were performed last week for the first time via a London rooftop. Click on the links to watch the music video for Under the Westway and The Puritan
- It appears that Destiny’s Child is releasing a new compilation album this fall that will include new tracks. This of course has led to speculation about the status of the band and questions in regards to a backing tour supporting the new CD. Nothing has been confirmed yet for a tour but it is something to keep your eyes open for in the coming months. Via Pop Crush
- Speaking of reunion tours it appears that Canadian hardcore band Alexisonfire is going to get back together for one final farewell tour. The band broke up over a year ago but bassist Wade MacNeil said via twitter that a tour is in the works. Bittersweet news for fans of this great band. Via Yahoo
- No Doubt have released a teaser trailer showing you what to expect from the first single "Settle Down" off of their new album "Push and Shove". The single is to be released next Monday July 16 and is the first single that the band will have released in nine years! It took them a while but I’m sure that the new material will be worth the wait. Via Pop Crush
Albums Releasing This Week (July 10)
- "Uncaged" by Zac Brown Band
- "The Complete Beat" by The English Beat
- "Murdered Love" by P.O.D.
- "Harakiri" by Serj Tankian
Video to Watch
For something completely different check out this stunning visual display of Arabesque #1 originally written by Symbolist French pianist Claude Debussy. The video is a cool interpretation on how music can be visualized. And the song itself is one of the most tranquil and beautiful pieces of work.
Festivals to Attend
The Pitchfork Music Festival takes place this weekend at Union Park in Chicago. The indie rock sites festival will feature performances by Vampire Weekend, Sleigh Bells, Japandroids, A$AP Rocky and more. North of the border in Toronto Edgefest 2012 will be happening on July 14 at Downsview park. The one day event is being headlined by Billy Talent and will also feature Death from Above 1979 and Silversun Pickups.
That’s your music roundup for the week ahead. Did you like what you saw, have any comments or questions; did we miss something that you think needs to be mentioned? Give us your feedback at email@example.com